Monday, April 10, 2017

Have a Beary Special Birthday! - MFT Color Challenge #66

Happy early birthday to my cousin!!! It's a birthday card that features the bear from the MFT Beary Special Birthday stamp set and the color combination by the latest MFT Color Challenge.
For the challenge, we were inspired to use the following colours: light orange, cranberry, teal and orange.
I started off with ink blending an ombre effect on the panel with distress ink in Spiced Marmalade. Then, stamped a snow falling background with Memento Luxe ink. Since this a pigment ink, I quickly added clear embossing powder on top and heat set it. 
I created the banner using the Stitched Banner Alphabet die. I die cut the letters in teal cardstock and die cut some blank individual banners in a light orange cardstock to be used as the backing so the letter will show through. I glued them together and adhered it on top a strand of embroidery thread. Then, I glued the banner on the card and taped the thread ends on the back of the panel.  

Next, I stamped out the images and coloured it in with copic markers. I used wink of stella and glossy accents on the balloon, present and party hat. Once dried, I adhere it to the card with double sided foam tape to prop it up. Lastly, with copic markers I drew shadows under the bear. That completes this card. Hope you enjoyed it. 
Here are the materials used on the card:
My Favorite Things - Beary Special Birthday
My Favorite Things - Stitched Banner Alphabet
- Lawn Fawn - Snow Cool
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Memento Luxe Ink in Teal Zeal
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Recollections Embossing Powder in Clear
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Copic Markers
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape
- Wink of Stella in Clear
- Ranger Glossy Accents

This card will be entered in the following challenges. You can click on their badge to learn more about it. 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #236 - Anything Goes
Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable, gorgeous colouring and the background looks awesome.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete